Friday, November 28, 2008

Holy cow!!!!

Yesterday I cooked my FIRST EVER Thanksgiving meal all by myself....My Dad and his family came over, and I thought that I was going to be SOOOOOOO prepared. I mean, after all, I had a list! Oh, yes...a list. A pretty little list with times that everything needed to be started, pulled out of the oven, uncovered, etc.....I was going to be SO organized that everything flowed perfectly. There were going to be no "Thanksgiving emergencies" for me. I had this whipped.....Until it got time to start cooking! :) All of the sudden, everything went crazy. My pretty little list ended up with scribbles all over it....and a few tears. I went from calm and prepared in my cute little apron to a limping (I dropped a can on my big toe), scurrying idiot in a matter of seconds. (Which my Mom assures me is normal.)....I think she's just trying to make me feel better! Not only did I drop a can on my toe, but I also burned the back of my wrist on the oven.....

BUT......It turned out really good! :) All of the craziness, bruises and blisters were completely worth it! Hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Ha! I know the feeling. I dropped my just out of the oven, cooked to a perfect golden brown, gewy sugary buttermilk pie face down, right on my carpet. AS I was walking out the door to drive to my mom's. Yep. I wanted to cry but I didn't. I have tried to clean the carpet 3 times and I've given up....we are getting it professionally cleaned b/c it's just too hard to get that mess out of carpet.

At least you got to enjoy your cooking, well, minus the bumps and bruises!