Monday, August 18, 2008

Canyon Lake pasture

View from gate to the Canyon Lake pasture-before

Terry on the tractor and shredder

Before

The kids in a cleared spot....You can see the lake now!!!

After

My wonderful hubby started something for me today....I've been telling him how gorgeous our Canyon Lake pasture used to be, and he started clearing it!!! There's alot of canyons on this place, and a long time ago, my Pops and the neighbor that joins us to the left decided to call in the Army Corps of Engineers to see what could be done about the one that joined their pastures. The Corps of Engineers came and put a dam & spillway at one end and then sloped the hillside so that water from the surrounding hills would feed in. The spillway leads to another canyon at the back of our place. When I was little, I thought it was the prettiest place on the property. It's at the bottom of a really big hill....It's just indescribable what it used to look like. Since then, things have grown up...All of the fence rows are grown up, and trees have absolutely taken over down there. You can't even see the lake from the hill anymore. Enough of that....here's my wonderful husband's progress so far....Keep in mind that he's clearing this with a tractor and shredder, so it takes a while. I will post updated pics as they come.

No comments: