Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane Ike :(

WOW.....That's all I can say about "Ike"......It was really something to experience....I can't imagine being any closer to him than we were....The people and the damage in Galveston, Houston, etc....I just can't imagine! Below are pics of the damage that we had....I know it's not much compared to others, but it's BIG around here....We were without power for a full day, and my parents and brother are still without, and someone heard that it could be a couple of weeks before they get power again....CRAZY!!!!
I saw this tree from our bedroom window, and the whole time I walked out to it, I was thinking, "Please be laying BY the truck....BY the truck..."

No such luck....It landed ON Terry's truck. It dented the front fender, cracked the windshield, dented the hood, ripped the back fender off, and really dented the bed.....AND the only other tree that we had fall was in the backyard.....and guess what?!


Korey's go-cart is under this tree....Nice, huh? 2 trees fall on the place....both in the yard, and one gets the truck, the other gets the go-cart....NICE.....

I really thought that I had Korey's go-cart in a good place.....This tree that fell was massive.....I never thought that it would fall.

BTW, this is our pool now :)

No comments: