Sunday, October 5, 2008

You can see the lake!!!!!

I have to start by saying that I am SOOOOOO proud of my husband!!!! I am truly the luckiest woman in the world. When my Mom allowed us to move onto this place, it meant the world to me (and still does, Mom)....but honestly, one of the greatest things about it has been to see how much my husband loves this place. For those of you that don't know, he works in the oil industry. So that means 7 on, 7 off and rotating days and nights. After he's worked his 7 on, he spends his 7 off working his butt off on the place....I'm lucky to get him to take an afternoon off here and there....He's just amazing. Anyway, his latest project has been the Canyon Lake pasture. It was a MAJOR project....to start with, you couldn't even get in the gate! There was a tickle-tongue tree grown through the only hanging gate on the place...that just happened to lead in to the Canyon Lake pasture....and we're not talking a little tree here...It was about the size of a softball at the base...It had been there a while. Once he got that cut down, he went inside the pasture....and couldn't find the lake. Seriously, he didn't know which corner of the pasture it was in, and you couldn't see it at all. I think he thought that I had told him the wrong pasture ;) Anyway, he came back up and got the tractor and shredder and started picking spots and clearing them and now..........YOU CAN SEE THE LAKE!!!!!




BEFORE.....we had already shredded some....This is the view from the gate that he cut the tree out of. It's like this throughout the pasture....Completely covered in vines, small trees....and underbrush.....and these pics don't do it justice...It's THICK!!!!

AFTER!!!!! This is nearly the exact spot that I was standing in for the BEFORE pic above.....AMAZING!!!!!

This isn't technically a "before" pic because he had already cleared here, but there's still a few button willows at the edge, etc. that he hadn't gotten yet....

This is NOW!!!!



Terry creating one of the MANY brush piles that we have down there now.....
My mom and step-father are coming out today to eat steaks and get a "tour" of the place......I'm so excited. My mom hasn't really been out in the pastures with us since we moved out here, and I'm hoping that she is just as proud as I am...if not more so. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well maam, sure got a purdy site there, but meanin' no disrespect maam, but where the cattle?

Yours mighty respectfully,

Garry.

Silver said...

nice blog
Download dvd Movies visit me back

Unknown said...

I really love your progress!
We are living on my Grandparents farm and having the same chalanges.
Catching up on the last ten years of decline of what was once the most beutiful place in the world : )

Keep up the hard work, it pays off heart and soul.