Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One of those mornings....

Ever have one of those mornings where everything that you do is completely wrong and utterly stupid to your 13 year old? I am at my wit's end....I'm so torn between wanting to wring his neck and worrying about him that I don't know which way is up anymore....I know that all 13 year olds are hard to live with, and honestly at times he is really trying to improve, etc....but mornings like these have me wanting to run away. :( One minute (according to him), he's getting picked on for being short, getting pushed around, not wanting to go to school....But then, we go to school functions and EVERYONE is speaking to him....I never see kids shy away from him, I never see him not being included, etc. Then the next day (according to him), everything is great...Life couldn't be better. I honestly don't know what to think. We just moved here two years ago, and he is short for his age, but he's a really good looking kid. He's smart, he's playing football, running cross country...He's involved in FFA, etc. I just don't know....when do you step in? Is he really unhappy, or is it just a bad "raging hormone" day? Did he just have a bad morning? I'm sorry for this being a bitching post, but I had to get this out somehow....It's hubby's first day back at work on his 7 on, so I'm here trying to figure this out myself.....I thought that maybe if I got some of this out of my system, maybe the rest of my day wouldn't be as bad as I feel right now....

1 comment:

Trey Hubley said...

Good Luck Tammy! My kids are 5 and 2 3/4 so we've got a ways to go before any raging hormones. Beth stays home with both kids, mostly because my job keeps me away for about 3 1/2 weeks at a stretch. I also work in the oilfield and I miss the week on and week off. Hope the rough mornings are just that and will clear up with time. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Take care and good luck.
Trey