Monday, October 20, 2008

Hopefully I'm a hero.....

Friday night we were all sitting around watching TV, and we had all the windows open because it was such a nice night....All of the sudden, the kids and I started hearing a really high pitched squeal. We couldn't figure out where it was coming from, so we muted the TV, and I asked my husband if he knew what it was....I was not prepared for his answer....He said, "Yeah, that's a rabbit."......And obviously I had a blonde moment because I said, "Why would it be squealing like that?"......To which he replied, "Because it's getting eaten." :O I nearly knocked over all three kiddos while I ran to the back door with my flashlight. I threw on my boots with my pjs (very cute, by the way) and ran outside.....I rounded the corner of the house and thought "Man, it's dark out here...I can't see anything."....Just as that thought ran through my mind, I collided with something and pain started shooting from my knee cap!!! I TOTALLY forgot that I had brought our generator up here for my husband to work on, and when I rounded the corner of the house, I ran straight into then damn thing. Now, thank goodness that it was my so called "good" knee....but still it hurt like hell. Since the adrenaline was still flowing, I side-stepped the generator and continued running to the front yard.....There I found our cat trying to kill a baby rabbit!!!! I ran and scooped the cat up, being careful not to touch the baby rabbit. I put the cat in a chicken coop that we have behind our shop and Terry said that he saw the baby bunny hop back out into the pasture. I sure hope that he made it...He was really young, probably still nursing. Hopefully since he could hop out of the yard, he made it back to his hole and is okay.....However, by then, my knee was KILLING me....That night I couldn't hardly bend my knee and I didn't sleep worth a hoot, but the next morning, it felt 10 times better. Today it's still sore if you touch it, and I have a bruise the size of a baseball on my knee, but other than that, it's fine....Gotta love life in the country! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OUCH!
There will be a speacial spot for you in bunny heaven ;)