Saturday, December 6, 2008

I hate cold weather....

I really do hate the cold....I always have. I mean, it's great when you can sit outside around a campfire roasting marshmallows....or when you can relax in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace reading a book....but HONESTLY, who has time for that?! I got out this morning in the freezing cold to hook up the hay fork on the tractor because there's a gentleman coming today to pick up a few loads of hay. Then I checked all of the cows and fed. After being outside in this 25 degree weather, I came home to cook breakfast and dream about selling out and moving to the tropics.

I guess one good thing to come out of this is that I am actually taking the time to work on all of the Christmas projects that I wanted to get done. I've made a few ornaments already. I've finished putting all of the pictures in my brother's photo album, and now I just have to decorate the front of it. I've got a sign for Korey started....It's my first one, so I'm a little worried about how that's going to turn out. I'll post pics of the final projects...even if they suck ;) Maybe folks can learn from my mistakes! :)

3 comments:

Connie said...

Well, girl, it ain't going to be cold for long....probably just that one day so no worries.

Oh, I asked for a hand-held planner for Christmas. I won't get the Trio or thingy that you have (b/c we don't want a cell phone bill...Levi's work pays for his and I have a trak fone) but I hope to get something I can use. Thanks for the tip!

Trey Hubley said...

We're having a "Warm" day today and it's great although short lived. It's 35 right now but that will change tonight as another front moves through. I don't mind working in the cold unless the wind is blowing like crazy then it sucks. One of the wierdest things I remember about my first winter in ND was walking outside, taking a breath and feeling the snot in your nose freeze. I know it's gross but I had never experienced that growing up in TX. Hang in there, stay in when you can because it'll probably be 60 by Christmas anyways. Nothing like wearing short sleeve shirts on Christmas.

Trey Hubley said...

Tammy,
Thanks for the compliment on our site. I'm learning to just go with whatever idea Beth has, they always turn out way better than I could imagine.
I read that TX was getting a little bit of snow yesterday and had to laugh. I remember being so excited when it would snow in Madisonville and would hope like hell that school would be canceled. Never really happened.
We are expecting a really bad cold front to blow through this weekend. They're warning of windchills way way below zero and heavy snow. The only bright spot... I have a trainee working with me from Sherman, TX and it should be really funny watching him work and walk around outside. I'll let you know how he handles it.
Trey