Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A little history

This is a way to chronicle the events that we are going through moving back home to family land. Some posts will be hilarious, I'm sure (dealing with kids everyday), some will probably be just for me to "vent" my problems so that I can keep my sanity. Originally, this was my grandfather's land, and he took so much pride in it. I have vivid memories of him walking around in the hay field's with gopher poison trying to get rid of the little pests so that his hay field would be perfect and so that his hay equipment would not be damaged. He took that approach to everything. He put his heart and soul into this place. Since the time of his death, the place has steadily declined. Weeds have taken over, fence rows are no longer visible in most places....It breaks my heart. He scrimped and saved every dime that he ever made, and put everything back into this land. When my husband and I had the chance to move here, we jumped on it. I have always been in love with the layout of this land. It has everything. There are canyons that we've never even seen the bottom of, there are hills and lakes, and grass so green that it takes your breath away. I can't wait to see it in the condition that my Pops had it in....and we will get there...one day.

No comments: