Sunday, July 29, 2007

Our newest addition

This is our newest addition, Rio. Our blue heeler, Rocky, died about two months ago, and at the time I told my husband that we were NEVER owning another dog...It just hurts too bad to lose them. Well, after tons of tears, I started missing having a dog around the house, and I think every kid should grow up with a dog, so I started looking. I didn't want another blue heeler...I thought that would be too hard for me, so I thought about an Australian Shepherd. I think they are gorgeous, but my smart husband talked me out of it because the poor dog would be a walking ball of grass burrs, etc. where we live. Then I heard about the litter that Rio was in, went to visit and fell in love. She is a Catahoula, and both of her parents are working cow dogs. The gentleman that I got her from assured me that she will work, but I'm more interested in a best friend/companion. If she bays cattle and helps around the place, great...If not, no biggie. I just can't wait for her to get a little bigger so that she can go with me 24/7.

No comments: