Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Little things...

*WARNING--This post contains an ungodly amount of mushy things about my husband. :)

As I woke up this morning at 4:00 to get my husband off to work, I began thinking (as I do all the time) about how wonderful a man I am married to. I hope that everyone in their lifetime somehow gets a chance to be as incredibly happy as I am, and it's the little things that I love the most.

He has an incredible sense of humor. He's sexy as hell ;) He loves our family, and treats my children as if they were his own. He puts himself last, and expects nothing in return. He is the hardest worker that I have ever met. He is insanely smart....It's amazing. I always tease him that he could win every game of Trivial Pursuit, Jeopardy, etc. ever played. He has an incredible amount of knowledge from all aspects of learning.....granted, most will never apply to anything, but he KNOWS it. While I'm busy watching Real World (which I'm embarrassed to admit, but it's fascinating to me...maybe because I grew up so fast. I'm thoroughly intrigued by these young people on TV and their actions....), my husband is watching the Discovery Channel or the History Channel. Always trying to "better" himself...not just trying to watch a bunch of young adults running around like drunken idiots. He calms me. He protects me. I can't even begin to tell you how good it feels just looking at him. He smells good. He comforts me. He is my best friend. He spoils me....the man who never buys anything for himself is always thinking of new things to get me.....and when he buys me something, it's not something that I've hinted about for months, or begged for. I never have to. He pays attention, and he knows me. He always finds the perfect thing for birthdays, Christmas, etc. but the things that impress me the most is the "spur of the moment" things he surprises me with. For no reason, he will have just been thinking about something that I need or could use to make my life easier, or to bring a smile to my face, and he gets it for me. He's a pushover when it comes to my daughter (sorry, Honey), and I give him hell about it, but deep down, I think it's one of the sexiest things about him. He can just smile at me, and it makes my day. He gives GREAT foot massages (hint! hint, Honey!) ;) He doesn't really like to do it, but he does it because he's an amazing person. He has the biggest heart of anyone I have ever met. He would do anything in the world for anybody and not expect anything in return. He craves adrenaline rushes (well, he used to....after he broke both legs in motorcycle accident, I sidelined him from racing motorcycles and skydiving) He has lived so much and has so many stories.....I love his stories.

I could go on and on and on about my husband, but I have a feeling that I've embarrassed him enough, so I'll close this post.

I just honestly hope that everyone out there gets to experience this....It's a feeling that is so comforting, exhilarating, so profound......He completes me (I know that's corny, but it's true). I can't remember life before him, and I don't want to think about life without him.

I'm so lucky that he picked me.

No comments: