Friday, July 25, 2008

The entrance and a cleared fence row

This is the entrance to the front of our place. We finished it right before school ended this year, but I haven't taken any pictures until now. We still don't have it landscaped, but I was so excited to finally finish it. I may be alot of things, but a welder's helper is NOT one of them. I tried, but bless his heart, I'm sure my husband was close to strangling me several times. :) He is so amazing! He can do ANYTHING!

This is just a close up of the left side of the entrance. He's had the drill bits for 10+ years and always wanted to build an entrance and use them....He was just waiting for the right place!


This is our "back yard" fence row to the right of our house meeting Pasture 4. When we moved on the place, this is how pretty much every fence row looked. It's a daunting task to know that we have so few cleared and so many more to go, honestly....BUT the after pictures make it SO worth it!!!

A pic of the destruction that my husband is leaving behind him! Honestly, he does all of the work himself....the kids and I just pull brush and anything else that we can do to help out....He is such a hard worker! I am so lucky to have him and that he loves this place like I do.

The finished product....check out the brush piles behind it...and there's another huge brush pile in Pasture 4 from the front of the fence row that we pushed over there to burn so that it wouldn't be close to the house. I LOVE being able to look out and see the cows over in Pasture 4 now!!! It's great! Now my job starts...I'm responsible for keeping all of these new, pretty fence rows sprayed so that the weeds, trees, etc. don't overtake us again! ;)

No comments: