Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vacation!!!!

This last week we went to Lake Whitney for our family vacation, and we had a BLAST!!!! My husband grew up there, so I've been wanting to go to see his old "stomping grounds". :) The lake is absolutely beautiful. Limestone cliffs, clear water...It is gorgeous. We rented a loft right on the lake, and when we weren't jumping off cliffs or in the boat tubing, we were in the pool. I think I swam more the last week than all of the other times put together in my whole life! I think that we're going to make this a yearly get-away. The kids liked it so much that Terry was teasing and said, "So, do y'all want to sell all of the cows and move up here?"....and EVERY ONE of them agreed! I couldn't believe it!!!! :) Too bad mean old Mom vetoed it! ;)
Korey at the Whitney dam

Kyle jumping off of our "favorite" cliff right outside our loft

My wonderful husband and me....I love this man SO much!!!! I am absolutely the luckiest girl in the world!

Terry and the kids downstream from the Whitney dam. The first day that we got there, the river was way down because they hadn't been opening up the dam, but the second day that we were there, they did, and all of this was underwater.

The Katy Bridge

The catwalk under the Katy Bridge....the little piece of metal going down the middle of the bridge is the catwalk.....You have to walk that thing with no handrails, etc. to get to the part of the bridge that you jump from. They've put up all types of metal screens and things to keep people out, but they just keep cutting it and going through to jump, so now they have taken about 5 guardrails and welded them all of the way across the walkway so that people can't get out to it anymore.

Katie after climbing a cliff :)


No comments: