Monday, July 21, 2008

Grapeland Safari

Today my Mom, my sister-in-law, and I took all of the kiddos to the Grapeland drive-thru safari. We were a little skeptical about how it was going to turn out, but we had the BEST time!!! The people that own it are super nice, and the kids LOVED it! My little niece is 3, and she wasn't quite sure about letting the animals stick their head in the window to eat...her approach was to dump the feed on the ground as soon as the animals got close to the window!!! :)



This little goat enjoyed the kids almost as much as they fell in love with him. They wanted to bring him home...I told them he couldn't ride in the Suburban. :) He would get on all of their backs, but Katie's hair was his favorite!!!


Gotta admit that it's a little intimidating seeing this big guy running at you for feed. I don't blame Caroline for dumping hers!


This pic is for my Mom and my sis-in-law (who keep teasing me that this is my new best friend)...This guy snuck up on me while I was taking pictures and nearly made me crawl into my sister-in-law's lap...They had more fun laughing at me than they had with the rest of the trip. I'll never live this down....Me...who will do ANYTHING on a farm or ranch...was scared of a camel. :)

Cost of admission to the safari: $35

Cost of a bucket of feed: $10

Seeing my Mom in a "train": PRICELESS

:) Love you, Mom! This day was GREAT! Thank you so much!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hi Tammy! This is Becky Santos, Chris Crouch's mom. I found your blog from your post on Heather Hendrick's blog. I'm so pleased to see you happy!

Thanks so much for blogging about this. We've been wanting somewhere close by to take our 5 year old grandson and this sounds like the perfect place.

(I agree, the picture of your mom in the train is priceless!)