Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A birthday and a hospital visit

I've been in a bit of a "funk" the past few days....My baby girl turned 12 on Sunday. She's turning into such an awesome young lady, but she's also growing up :( There are times that I look at my children and think, "Where has the time gone?" Honestly....when I was pregnant, I don't know how many people told me to cherish every moment because they would be grown before I knew it. I got SO tired of hearing that, and now I find myself saying it to people all of the time. I miss diaper days. I miss bottles and snuggles in my rocking chair. I miss the time that we got to spend together. I miss it all.....AND to top it off, a guy that I went to high school with is in the hospital and having a really hard time. Katie and I went to visit him on Monday, and he's trying to be strong about it, but I can't imagine how he must feel. He has trouble with his intestines, and he's had 3 surgeries since high school because of it. Now he's bleeding internally and because of all of the surgeries that he's had already, the doctors really don't want to (or can't) take any more of his intestines. So, they are hoping that it will stop on its own. He's probably looking at being in a long term care facility for at least 3 weeks, if not longer. I just can't imagine being 31 and stuck in a hospital long term. I've put him on our church's prayer list, and I stay in contact daily......I just wish that I could do more. :(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry.
Kids grow up to fast and time passes to quickly.
I hope your friend had a full and quick recovery.
*hug*

Unknown said...

I mean "has"