Monday, January 12, 2009

We had Katie's birthday party Saturday....I still can't believe she's turning 12!!! This was the first birthday that we haven't done a slumber party, etc.....and it was quite different.....On one hand, I didn't have to clean up after it (awesome), but on the other hand I really wish that I could have been more involved in the planning and executing....Oh, well! You can't win them all, I guess!

Katie and her buddies....They weren't really sure what to think at this point....Our hostess was trying to make a bunch of 12 year olds do the bunny hop to the buffet.....Not such a great idea, especially when you have boys included!
Jordan putting Katie into the wall!

My adorable husband (in last) and my step-dad, RT, racing go-carts....RT and Terry got stuck at the back and couldn't pass..... :)

Terry and Katie racing the only bikes that I will let Terry get on anymore! :) *

Jordan and Katie racing motorcycles.....Katie won! :)

*When I met Terry he had a motorcycle....not a "cruising" bike, but a "crotch rocket". He rode it to & from work on pretty days, but he also raced it at different tracks on weekend track days when he was on his 7 days off. I loved his bike. I loved the way that he looked on it....I loved everything about it.....UNTIL 2 days before our wedding, he went to town to get cigarettes and about 2 miles from our house a car turned left in front of him as he was passing. The only choice that he had was to lay down the bike and hope for the best. The bike ended up under the Jeep Cherokee, my husband clipped the back tires with his legs....and broke both legs multiple times in the process. Needless to say, we got married a few weeks later at the JP's office with him in a wheelchair wearing shorts. :) THEN being the horrible wife that I am, I grounded him from bikes, sky diving, bull riding.....Anything remotely dangerous.....Hell, I'd keep him with me 24/7 if I could in order to keep from losing him.

2 comments:

Queen of the Misfits said...

Where is this? My son's birthday is in February, and I still have no idea what we are going to do!

Tammy said...

It was at Incredible Pizza in Conroe. Their website is www.ipcconroe.com. I'll email you with more details, though.