Friday, January 9, 2009

An unexpected visitor







This was the scene that we awoke to a few days after Christmas. This doe is the one that chased me and my dog on the 4-wheeler a few months back. She had the same lump back then, and I thought that it might be a snake bite....but since she still has it now, I'm guessing it's a tumor of some kind or an abcessed tooth, maybe. I feel sorry for her. She's had a pretty hard go of it this year. She had twins, and both of them were killed. :( If it ever gets to where it looks like she can't eat anymore and she really starts losing weight, I'll put her down. I'm not going to watch her starve to death. Now she comes up in the mornings pretty early to eat feed that the bulls have dropped out of the trough. This fenceline is maybe 15 feet from the house...not far at all. The cat had been napping in the feed trough that afternoon when she came back for another bite to eat. I don't know who was more surprised!!!!

No comments: