Saturday, January 17, 2009

A first for me....

Today the kids & I worked cows by ourselves.....It was quite an experience, to say the least. Terry is working nights, and we had some things that had to be done, so I penned the cows and then Kyle and Katie (Korey is at his dad's) sorted them and worked them. I take my husband for granted....When it's just us working cows, I know what he's going to do, he knows what I'm going to do.......Everything runs pretty smooth. When it's me and the kids, all hell breaks loose. :) It took us about twice the time that it would have taken Terry and I, but after we got "in the swing of things", everything really went pretty well. I consider this a major accomplishment (mainly because I didn't end up killing either of my children, which I was scared was a pretty big possibility first thing this morning)! ;) Considering that our hot shots and working sticks were in Terry's work truck at the plant so we had to work and sort everything with a quirt, whip and one working stick that I found in the barn, I thought we really ended up having a pretty good day.....I did pop Kyle one time with the quirt trying to get a cow down the chute, and I got a gate kicked into my wrist....but other than that, no injuries to be reported. :) I was going to try to get a few pics today, but there was no way....Maybe next time....

No comments: