Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Little Piece of History


This was one of my Christmas presents from my Mom. I haven't posted about it because every time that I start to write about it, I cry....That is SO not me.
We had Christmas with my Mom and her husband RT (he is so funny), my brother and his wife, and my niece at my house Christmas evening. My Mom and RT came a little early and when she got here, she called my daughter, Katie, and I in the kitchen together. There she handed me this simple 18kt gold band......She's worn this band on her middle finger for a long time, and I never even realized how special it was. She told me that it was getting too little for her now, and that I will be the 5th generation to wear it, and that my daughter will be the 6th when it's time to pass it down to her. I've been wearing it non-stop every since Christmas night. Every time that I'm in the middle of anything....and I mean ANYTHING from cutting hay string while I'm feeding cows to making homemade biscuits, from doing my daughter's hair to cleaning up the kitchen....I look at this awesome piece of family history on my middle finger and feel SO proud to be a part of it.


Thanks, Mom! It truly meant the world to me....I have to go cry some more now. Love you!

No comments: